I don't think I have a whole coherent post. But I do feel strongly that there are some things I want to say about our marriage. And since digits soothe me, I will make a numbered list.
1) Our marriage isn't perfect.
2) I am not perfect.
3) I have not been the best husband and have made some hurtful decisions.
4) I love my wife.
5) I love the person she is, the person she wants to be, the scholar and mother she will become.
6) We are working hard at becoming a better couple, which means we don't always see eye to eye.
7) I think our only shot at happiness is if we are both pursuing goals which are meaningful.
8) I feel hopeful about our future -- the careers ahead of us and the people in our lives.
9) I want to take more risks in my life -- I currently take VERY few. So by more, I mean maybe like 1 more per year...
10) I don't have anything else to say, but I wanted to end my list with a number that ends in '0.'
4 years ago