Sunday, May 15, 2011

Marriage

I don't think I have a whole coherent post. But I do feel strongly that there are some things I want to say about our marriage. And since digits soothe me, I will make a numbered list.

1) Our marriage isn't perfect.

2) I am not perfect.

3) I have not been the best husband and have made some hurtful decisions.

4) I love my wife.

5) I love the person she is, the person she wants to be, the scholar and mother she will become.

6) We are working hard at becoming a better couple, which means we don't always see eye to eye.

7) I think our only shot at happiness is if we are both pursuing goals which are meaningful.

8) I feel hopeful about our future -- the careers ahead of us and the people in our lives.

9) I want to take more risks in my life -- I currently take VERY few. So by more, I mean maybe like 1 more per year...

10) I don't have anything else to say, but I wanted to end my list with a number that ends in '0.'

-S

1 comment: