Monday, February 21, 2011

Tour des pillows #2, 3, 4, 5, and 6

Thank you for continuing on our tour.  I hope you enjoyed stop number one, the bow tie pillow.  I realized that pillows are not that exciting so we're going to cram all the fun into one blog post for the rest of my amazing creations.  Prepare to be amazed.

Pillows 2 and 3
The red one is made out of $1 fabric from the discount fabric store and the chevron pillow is the same fabric that I used for the bow tie pillow painted with craft paint.  I made the pattern using masking tape.



 
Pillows 4 and 5
These were prototypes for a couple of Christmas presents.  The covers are from Ikea. I printed the letters on cardstock, cut them out, and stenciled them onto the fabric.  Then I cut out the letters, fray-checked the edges, glued the felt behind the open letters, realized it would need more than glue, and then used embroidery floss to stitch around the letters.  Cute but more time consuming than I anticipated.I ended up using a direct felt-applied-to-pillow-cover method for the other ones.



Pillow 6
During the first year of Buddy's residence in our home he thought that our pillows were really nice treats.  Inside this cover is one of his victims.  But now it looks brand new and not doggy chewed!  I used that same bow tie pillow fabric again and cut out an applique using the good ol' print out on cardstock and outline method.  The ampersand is made from leftover fabric from our piano bench and I used red thread for the stitching. I think this one is particularly cute. :-)



The end!  Can you tell I'm not obsessed with the pillows anymore?  I was SO EXCITED to share them but now I'm so over it.  Hence the mundane descriptions and mildly awkward narratives - evidence of my fickle fancies.  Now...NOW...I'm enthusiastic about baby booties!  As in little baby shoes, not little baby tooshies.  Get excited people!  If you're having a baby soon and you are my friend, you will probably get some!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...when I move, I just might want you to make me some pillows for my sofa. I'm prepared to pay you for them, too :-)

    ReplyDelete