Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Big Babies

First my friend Jennifer shared about a million awesome blogs which forced me to finally use my Google reader to keep track of everything.  Why did I not use this before?  So much easier!

Then one of my favorites, kind over matter, posted about Jonathan Mead and linked to an article he for Zen Habits called "How to Stop Acting Like Such a Big Baby."  I love this.  I think my favorite part might be the opening quote.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain 
but it takes character and self control 
to be understanding and forgiving.” 
—Dale Carnegie  

I have one of those complaint free world bracelets.  It lives on my pen holder.


But I forget.  We loooooooove to complain, don't we?  Especially when we think we have an audience.  Facebook statuses, I'm lookin' at you.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good venting as much as the next girl but I try to be picky and choosy about where I spend that energy. 

Back to the million and a half blogs that I follow now, the one that I am newly enamored of, the one that I want to make out with, is Kelly Rae Roberts.  Be my friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment