Monday, December 5, 2011

Today I said...

"I don't know how stupid people buy houses."  Which may not be very nice, but this stuff is challenging!  Granted, our deal has many more strings attached than your average home purchase, but really, it's complicated!  There's also an inherent level of distrust in all the proceedings.  "Why weren't you working during this time period?"  "Why don't these addresses match?"  "Where did you hide the bodies?" I keep wanting to call the bank and tell them, "I'm a good person, I promise!  I'm doing the best I can!  Why don't you like me!?"  Then I remember that it's not their job to like me and I put on my big girl panties and sign a bunch of documents.


Today we met with the first contractor to start finding out how much our repairs and renovations will be.  $30,000 sounds like a huge budget until you start talking to a contractor!


Currently I'm on hold with the gas company trying to get the utilities turned on.  Current wait time is 33 minutes.  My call is very important to them.  I feel like Phoebe.

Rachel: Oh, Phoebe, are you still on hold? I was supposed to call my Dad back like two hours ago.
Phoebe: Oh, yeah, he clipped on, he said call him as soon as you get a chance, he’s at Flimby’s.
Rachel: What’s Flimby’s?
Phoebe: Oh, yeah, that’s the word I use when I can’t remember the real thing.
Rachel: Okay. Hang up! That’s it! Come on!
Phoebe: No! Rachel, that’s what they want me to do. My warranty expires tomorrow, if I don’t get through, they’re not gonna fix my crappy, broken phone for free! We cannot let them win! It’s us versus them!


Monica: (to Phoebe) Here you go. You can wear this. (hands her a sweater)
Phoebe: Thanks!
Monica: Uh-huh.
Phoebe: Okay. (on phone) Ooh, I’m setting the phone down. (does so) But I’m still here! Just don’t go anywhere I’m still here. (starts to put on the sweater) Don’t-don’t switch or anything, ‘cause I’m, I’m right here. (She has pulled the sweater over her head, but her head is stuck in a sleeve.) Just one sec. One sec! One second!! (She is now frantically trying to get the sweater on, as Monica returns from the bathroom.) Wait! One second! Just…
Monica: Phoebe?
Phoebe: What?! Monica, I’m scared!!

No comments:

Post a Comment