Thursday, October 28, 2010

Extreme Makeover: Garage Sale Edition Reveal #2

Earlier I revealed my first garage sale find makeover, The Bench.  Today I give you reveal #2.

The Wine Rack
  

This is what the wine rack looked like upon purchase for $8.  It had been spray painted black and was showing some signs of sadness.  Especially on the top.


So, I fixed it.  You saw a little bit of the wine rack in The Bench post.  See?


First, I took the whole thing apart.  Using the same electric sander and the same stain that I used for the bench, I sanded the whole thing down and gave it a couple of coats of the supposedly evil stain.  Man, that spray paint is a pain to sand off!  But worth it.  It turned into a lovely piece of furniture. 


And now the great debate in the B-S household, should the candle holder be spray painted white or left in it's rustic metal condition?


No comments:

Post a Comment