Yep, that's the bench. I got it for $8. Probably should have talked her down to $5 but I am horrible at bargaining. Anyway...here's what happened.
Step 1 - Get rid of the nasty wicker seat by ripping it out with needle-nose pliers.
Step 2 - Sand the finish using our helpful friends' electric sander. Need to get us one of those. So handy!
Step 3 - Apply new stain in Bamboo Mahogany. I used a polyurethane/stain combo that apparently people hate. I didn't hate it but after reading reviews I understand how stain is supposed to work and mine didn't do that - but it was okay for this project.
Step 4 - Make a new jute webbing seat.
Step 5 - Wonder why S is taking my picture.
Step 6 - Cut piece of padding to the correct shape and cover with batting.
Step 7 - Get cheap fabric. Cover with cheap fabric. Hate the cheap fabric.
Step 8 - Get more expensive fabric in a completely different color. Cover with new fabric. Love new fabric.
Step 9 - Cover up raveling edges with a ribbon to create a pretty finish along the bottom of the new cushion. This might be the part I am most proud of.
Now, MOVE THAT BUS!
Crying, tears, joy, excitement.
Be impressed with my ribbon and hot glue finished edge.
The next reveal: the wine rack.