Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Officially official

I got word on Monday that I will definitely not be going back to school this fall.  Not happy news.  Round two of PhD applications will begin soon.

In the meantime, we are moving to Oklahoma City for one year beginning in July.  I'll admit, it's not my first choice, but there are some good thins about returning to the OKC.  I will now list some of them for you.
  1. We'll be closer to our niece and our soon-to-be niece or nephew and S's whole family.
  2. We'll be closer to my brother and perhaps his significant other and my parents and my grandparents.
  3. We can help my parents fix up their house in OKC (they moved to the DFW area a while back) to get ready to sell sometime soon.
  4. S can finally finish a master's degree.  Since he has two halves of two degrees, this will be nice for him.
  5. Buddy might get to have a backyard.
  6. We can reconnect with friends and the coffee shop location of our first date.
  7. Maybe, just maybe, we can begin to grow our family.
  8. I can work on getting published and learning languages and refining my applications.
  9. When three of my best friends visit their families in Tulsa (with their born and yet-to-be-born babies!) I can see them too!
I'll have to take the GRE again since my scores expired in October.  Bleh!  But this time around I'm married to a math teacher so that might come in handy.  We might be moving into my parents' house, which doesn't really seem like a step forward, does it?  But they don't live there so maybe it's not so bad.  And there are LOTS of projects to take up our time at their house.  I've already redone the entire kitchen in my head. 

I might have had a teeny tiny breakdown over this turn of events, but I'm a little bit better now.  I listed nine positive things about moving back to OK for a while so I must be totally great!  Right?

Now I need to find a job.  Help? 

No comments:

Post a Comment