Sunday, April 24, 2011

Good Friday to my left, Easter to my right

In just a few short months B and I will make the trek across the country to Oklahoma where we'll set up camp for a while. One major problem is I want these few shorts months to be over, already. On Thursday I have a conference call interview scheduled, and I'm really hopeful about this position. Ever since I applied to this position, my desire to pack my bags and GO has erupted. It's just about all I'm thinking about.

Today I have:
1) Priced rental trucks to OKC
2) Priced new cell phone plans in OKC
3) Estimated our summer income with an updated excel spreadsheet
4) Memorized the travel times between our probably place of residence, my (hopeful) job, my MA program, and back home.

I AM READY!

Mythic metaphors of light vs dark, good vs evil, and death vs life might be going too far. But I think leaving Atlanta and going to Oklahoma will bring more positive relationships in our lives. We'll be closer to friends, family, and our spiritual home.

I don't want to be blind to the reality that living in Oklahoma will bring a whole new set of challenges. Oklahoma is far from perfect, and so much is still unknown.

But I am tremendously excited and it's hard to focus on anything else...

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment