Sunday, June 13, 2010

What I did on my summer vacation

Hey, would you like to come over for dinner?  Oh and while you're here we'll just show you a few slides from our exciting summer adventures.  Nothing big, it'll take 1, maybe 2, hours tops!  You'll love it.

This is one of those "here's a list of stuff that I've been doing lately" sorta posts.  Feel free to scan.

Last weekend we were in Tulsa for a wonderful family wedding.  The bride was beautiful and happy and the wedding was lovely.  (Hi Ellie!)

My parents were able to come and help with set-up which made things very fun and we even made a groom's cake!

We danced.  See how good we are?  (You don't have to lie, we know we're not good. :-))

It was happy, we had a few marital insights that we'll share later, blah blah blah, and then we came back home.  On Monday of last week I started teaching at the one-month musical theater camp that I did last summer.  I love teaching at this camp!  S began a long summer of watching all of the movies and tv shows available on Netflix instant play.  He's made a pretty good dent in the list!

This weekend was way too productive.  I need a few days off to recover.  I got up early and went to the New Balance Atlanta store to get my 20% discount on shoes for the 3-Day!  I now have brand new pink 1064SBs to wear on my training walks!  I love my pink shoes, I love my pink shoes....

And I have made a big gains in my fundraising efforts and now only have $902 left before I reach my $2300 goal!  Yippee!

We also reorganized the pantry (exciting).  What was that?  You want to see a picture?  Well here you go!

We watched the US-England match at a local pub, we went for a 4.3-mile training walk with Buddy, we watered the community garden at S's school and brought home the first fully-formed bell pepper of the season, S brewed beer with a friend, I made coconut ice cream and salsa and re-covered the piano bench with nifty fabric, we had dinner with friends, and now it's now.

And, just in case you forgot, this is what we look like.  Hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment